US Foods Partners With StarChefs.com
ROSEMONT, IL (February 19, 2013)—US Foods announced it is partnering with StarChefs.com to recognize skilled chefs as a key sponsor of the 2013 StarChefs.com Rising Star Revues.
This partnership will provide an opportunity for US Foods to connect with some of the nation’s promising chefs and celebrate their achievements. Rising Stars recognizes up-and-coming chefs, pastry chefs, sommeliers, mixologists and artisans that represent future leaders of the national culinary scene. The year’s first event kicks off in Philadelphia on February 21 and will bring together 18 of Philadelphia’s best chefs under one roof offering a one-of-a-kind tasting opportunity.
To highlight the collaboration between US Foods and this group of gifted chefs, five Rising Stars from Philadelphia will showcase US Foods products in their dish at this year’s gala. The Rising Stars who will be collaborating with US Foods include:
- Chef Nicholas Elmi of Rittenhouse Tavern who will be serving lobster consommé with tomalley, poached lobster, sea urchin, razor clams, caviar and apple-horseradish marshmallow.
- Chef Yun Fuentes of JG Domestic who will be serving roasted Australian lamb chop with sweetbreads and fried artichokes.
- Chef Greg Vernick of Vernick Food & Drink who will be serving smoked salmon belly with a golden egg and parmesan vinaigrette.
- Chef Will Zuchman of Alma de Cuba who will be serving scallops with king crab-corn quinoa and merken vinaigrette.
- Chef Sara May of Franklin Fountain who will be serving an ice cream soda featuring raspberry soda, peach ice cream, whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
Rising Stars are selected by the StarChefs.com editorial team through in-person tastings and interviews. In each city, the editorial team conducts tastings and interviews with 60-100 chefs, pastry chefs, mixologists and sommeliers, ultimately selecting a group that best embodies the forefront of the city’s dining scene. In addition to being announced as a Rising Star, awards highlighting special talents from mixology to mentorships are presented at each gala.
“Each year, we scour the country to look for the best up and coming culinary talent,” said Antoinette Bruno, editor-in-chief of StarChefs.com. “We’re thrilled that US Foods has joined us as a sponsor as we celebrate the extraordinary skills of our 2013 Rising Star chefs.”